The association has recently received a $10,000 grant for a trail intern from the Partnership for the National Trails System (PNTS).
The PNTS, in collaboration with the Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service and US Forest Service, announced their grant recipients for their 2017-2018 National Trail Intern Grants. The National Trail Intern Grants will create opportunities for young adults to become involved, or further their involvement, with our national trails.
Twenty grants totaling $190,000 were awarded. (A list of grant awardees can be found below.) These grants range in size from $3,600 to $10,000. The grants will be matched with over $70,000 in partner non-Federal cash funds, $280,400 of in-kind contributions, and $79,800 in other Federal funds.
The grant opportunities will help to strengthen the capacity of the organizations and agencies to help administer and manage the national scenic and historic trails.
“The Trail Intern grants are a splendid example of the public/private collaboration fostered under the National Trails System Act multiplying the resources of multiple partners to to strengthen the stewardship of components of the natural and cultural heritage we share as a Nation.” – Gary Werner, Executive Director, Partnership for the National Trails System.
• Appalachian National Scenic Trail – Appalachian Scenic Trail Conservancy
• Arizona National Scenic Trail – Arizona Trail Association
• Continental Divide National Scenic Trail – Continental Divide Trail Coalition
• Florida National Scenic Trail – Florida Trail Association
• Ice Age National Scenic Trail – Ice Age Trail Association
• New England National Scenic Trail – Appalachian Mountain Club
• North Country National Scenic Trail – North Country Trail Association
• Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail – US Forest Service
• Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail – Pacific Northwest Trail Association
• Ala Kahakai National Historic Trail – Ala Kahakai Trail Association
• Oregon-California National Historic Trails – Oregon-California Trails Association
• El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail – El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail Association (ELCAT) and the National Park Service – National Trails Intermountain Region
• Iditarod National Historic Trail – Iditarod Historic Trail Alliance
• Lewis and Clark and Nez Perce National Historic Trails – Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation, US Forest Service
• Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail – National Park Service
• Old Spanish National Historic Trail – Old Spanish Trail Association
• Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail – National Park Service
• Pony Express National Historic Trail – National Park Service
• Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail – Living Classrooms Foundation, Inc., National Park Service
• Washington-Rochambeau National Historic Trail The National Washington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route Association