The National Park Service has commissioned an interpretive plan for El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail. As a valued stakeholder, you are invited to contribute your important perspective on how to improve the visitor experience along the trail, as well as the interpretive products and programs that tell the stories of El Camino Real across all of the associated sites.
Please follow the link to sign up for one of the scheduled in-person stakeholder sessions that will be hosted by the contracted interpretive planning firm Conservation By Design later this month: https://tinyurl.com/3sxyhbej
1) Monday, August 21, 2023, 1 -3 pm, Natchitoches Parish Library, 450 2nd St, Natchitoches, LA
2) Tuesday, August 22, 2023, 10 am – noon, Visitor Center Basement, 200 E Main St, Nacogdoches, TX
3) Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, Presidio La Bahia, Our Lady of Loreto Chapel
4) 217 US Hwy 183, Goliad, TX, Thursday, August 24, 2023, 10 am – noon, Villa Antigua Border Heritage Museum, 810 Zaragoza St, Laredo, TX
5) Friday, August 25, 2023, 10 am – noon, San Antonio Public Library – Mission Branch, 3134 Roosevelt, San Antonio, TX
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions, there will also be online meetings scheduled at a future time or you can contact Melanie Mae at Conservation by Design with the information below to make alternative arrangements to provide your input.
Melanie Mae, Conservation By Design—firstname.lastname@example.org